June 25, 2009

iPhone 3.0 Ready

image

Just got my iPhone updated to 3.0. Got into some trouble on the way when updating the OS but in the end it was all worthwhile. Many thanks to the people from http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ and also my colleague Zaid who provided me with the link and for performing the restore on my iPhone.

There’s lots to talk about 3.0 although I’m yet to discover all the new features in 3.0. But one thing I really like about 3.0 is the cut and paste function which is lacking in the previous iPhone versions. Secondly the landscape keyboard is another highly sought after function especially when used when SMSing or emailing.

image

I can also MMS now which is certainly an added bonus to iPhone users as we have been craving for this feature ever since the launch of the original iPhone. Still not sure whether this feature works perfectly but I hope it does. Will give it a go and let you know. 

*Note*: Just found out that iPhone 2G does not support MMS this sucks.

image

The next 2 functions I will be reviewing will be Stereo Bluetooth which is an added feature which was not in the previous OSes which also didn’t allow me to connect to my car bluetooth kit by the way (even older nokia phones can do it but not the iPhone), but now it does yippies. Automatic Wi-Fi Login is really cool, I seriously like this feature, it makes it easier for me now to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots.

image

And surely Safari improvements are more than welcome as Safari tends to close when loading blogs or websites full of pictures and contest in previous OSes.

image

Another cool feature but not everyone’s favorite is the voice memos which allows you to take record audio on the go.

image 

There are many other features which are not really useful to me but it may be for others. But overall 3.0 is a huge upgrade for iPhone users which many users are happy with. Thank you iPhone team for developing 3.0.

 

Other Features in OS 3.0

image

image

View all the OS updates at http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

0 comments: